Rebates are available to members who add a qualifying heat pump that is PTCS certified to their current heating system, replace their old heat pump with a new qualifying one, or install one with new construction. Rebate amounts may vary per installation. Today’s electric heat pumps offer clean, safe, reliable comfort all year long, and are by far the most efficient heating and cooling systems available. Call us at 536-2126 ext 5. Our energy specialists are available to answer your questions about heat pumps. We'll provide you with a list of approved installers and rebate program requirements.
$1,400 rebate for an air source heat pump converted from an electric forced air system. Heat pump must have minimum efficiency rating of 9.0 HSPF and 14 SEER, and have been PTCS certified.
$500 rebate for an air source heat pump upgrade – this includes replacing an existing heat pump, adding a heat pump to a non-electric heating system (i.e., gas/oil/propane/wood), replacing the heat pump portion of a ground source heat pump system, upgrading from zonal (baseboard/wall/ceiling heat), and installing a heat pump in new construction. Heat pump must have a minimum efficiency rating of 9.0 HSPF and 14 SEER and have been PTCS certified.
$3,000 rebate for a ground source heat pump (geothermal) that has met PTCS certifications and is installed by an International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA) certified installer. Installation must be new; replacement of an existing ground source heat pump unit or the thermal exchange loop does not qualify.
Ductless Heat Pump Rebates
$800 if you heat your home with electric baseboards or wall heaters, or an existing electric forced air system.
$500 for new construction.
$100 Ductless heat pump upgrade/replacement
Electric baseboard and wall heaters can be an inefficient and uncomfortable heat source for homes. Upgrade to a more energy efficient alternative, a Ductless Heating and Cooling System. Eligible homeowners will receive a rebate when they install a system.
For available tax credits visit the Oregon Department of Energy at www.oregon.gov/energy.
How does a heat pump work in our area?
A properly installed and sized high efficiency air source heat pump in our climate will heat about 75% of the time in the winter months. When the outside air temperature drops below about 25 degrees F, the supplemental heat will engage to assist in maintaining the temperature in the home for about 25% of the time. During extremely cold temperatures, the supplemental heat will be the primary source of heat. The annual energy savings from an air source heat pump is mostly achieved because it is only uses about 25% of the power to heat your home when compared to an electric furnace. Overall savings is about 30-50% over a conventional electric forced air furnace.
A ground source heat pump is the most efficient way to heat your home. Typically a ground loop is buried in the ground or ground water is used to heat your home and pre heat your hot water. Because the ground or water temperatures stay at a constant temperature, the ground source heat pump can take heat from the ground to maintain the temperature in your home with little or no supplemental heat! Overall savings can reach over 70%!
Will I save money by installing a high efficiency heat pump?
Heating Comparison Chart: Click on the chart to see heating costs comparison for a typical 1500 sq ft home in our service area.
What is a Dual Fuel Heat Pump?
A dual fuel heat pump is typically a forced air, electric air source heat pump coupled with another type of fuel source as the supplemental heat. Most of the time that fuel source is natural gas. After a ground source heat pump, the cheapest way to heat your home is with a high efficiency electric air source heat pump coupled with natural gas supplemental heat. Dual fuel heat pumps qualify for heat pump rebate when PTCS certification has been met.
Call Marketing Department for more details at (541) 536-2126 or (800) 722-7219 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives is a national network of electric cooperatives across 46 states that provides resources and leverages partnerships to help member cooperatives and their employees better engage and serve their members. By working together, Touchstone Energy cooperatives stand as a source of power and information to their 32 million member-owners every day.